Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Bike, Run, BONK!

I did not run in a swimsuit yesterday because it was on a treadmill. Today, I had a 1:45 bike and :45 run scheduled--the run was not supposed to be a brick run.

I suited up in this to ride. Notice my balls. Also the mop on my head, which is getting cut in 2 days--I can't wait!










Here I am with the helmet, shades and shoes. Also my balls.











Here I am post-ride. With my balls. I ended up riding almost 2 hours. It was hot. VERY hot.










I didn't want to wait too long before I ran, so I wasn't able to eat a meal right after biking. I drank Endurox and ate 2 huge peaches (without the skin, which I peeled off using my teeth, by the way) and 2 apricots (with the skin--they are a PIA to try and peel but the skin doesn't bother me as much as peach skin). About 1 3/4 hours after finishing biking, I suited up to run:

Again, with the balls. Different swimsuit, because I just couldn't stand putting on the one I wore to bike in.










I headed out to run with a 12-oz. bottle of Gatorade. I thought I had enough calories in me for a short, :45 run. I was wrong. First off, it was HOT. Even hotter than when I had been riding. As soon as I started running, I felt a little light-headed, but I attributed it to the heat. I pressed on and got 1 mile out and then I knew the light-headedness wasn't just the heat--it was a bonk. I drank all the Gatorade, but as I know from other bonks, Gatorade just doesn't do the trick for me--I need more concentrated sugar and NOW. I tried to convince the guy on the golf course who was selling candy to just give me some, but he wouldn't (I didn't have any money with me). I should have told him I'm diabetic and was about to pass out!

So what did I do? I walked a little bit, sat in some shade for a little bit, filled up my bottle with water and thought about what I should do. I decided to try run/walking, and that worked, but at first I had to walk more than I ran. After about a 1/2 mile of suckage, I was able to run a lot more than walk and make it home, so 3 miles covered. Did I stop? Hell no. I'm Crackhead, after all. I chowed down on 6 fruit slices, which I needed whether or not I continued running, and gave them about 2 minutes to work their magic. And then I went back out and finished my run!

Here I am post run with the bonk saving candy











Now, of course I needed to figure out how much I was off on my nutrition for the day to have caused the bonk, and so I sat down and figured things out. Before I began running, I had 817 calories, including 213 grams of carbs, in me. That would have worked if I had just run straight off the bike, but that included the wait time, so it wasn't enough. I then immediately added the fruit slices and more Gatorade which brought me up to 1,117 calories with 288 grams of carbs, but that's still really not enough for 2:45 of working out! Oh well. One thing I discovered in adding things up is that nutrition information on cans of Coke are fucking wrong. It says 140 calories and 39 grams of carbs. That doesn't add up. 39 grams of carbs is 4 x 39 = 156 calories. Which is it, Coke? People who can bonk need to know!

Anyway, I also discovered that peaches don't have very many calories. And I still have not been eating any pasta, but maybe I should start. I don't know. I still feel fat. But I tell you, wearing a swimsuit to bike and run in is making me very conscious of every bit of unnecessary weight hanging off me! It's the best diet ever! I just need to be a little more careful of getting sufficient carbs now that I'm effectively training like a mad woman again.

It was fun, though! Even the bonking!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Ah! I love that swimsuit. You look HAWT!!

Oly said...

You have more balls than I do. ;)

Kimberly Rae said...

nice balls baby!! and personally I LOVE the long hair.