Friday, August 22, 2008

Lots of Stripes

So I'm about to put my contact lenses in and head to the pool this morning, and I look out in my backyard and see this family of skunks coming onto the lawn from the back flower bed. My guess is they have a nice home under the rotting shed in my white trash neighbor's yard. I had smelled skunk a few days ago, and now I know where the smell came from! They came into my yard and they were just playing, all the while with their tails straight up in the air like flags! I did my best to get decent shots between all the running around they were doing, the lighting and trying not to spook them. They were really cute, but of course, I decided to hold off on venturing out there until they went back to sleep or wherever they went. They were sure cute, and pretty hard to miss against the deep green of the lawn.

When I was ready to get CF out of the garage, I looked back there one more time and saw a flash of stripes in the foliage, and decided I'd better get out of dodge.









2 comments:

ECrunnergirl said...

I just LOVE your blog! I laughed so hard! Thanks for the Stripes clip...one of my FAVORITE Bill Murray movies!!! Sorry about those skunks....me gots some white trash folk too next to me.....and I think their roof rats moved into my shed last spring. I look forward to keeping up with your posts....keep up those awesome workouts you are an inspiration!

Oly said...

Seven! The number of dead stunks I saw while riding today.