Thursday, April 16, 2009

FOOD CHANNEL!!!

So let's see if I can detail exactly what I ate and drank yesterday:

  • Breakfast: hardboiled egg, English muffin with jam, coffee with sweetened creamer
  • 20 oz. Gatorade during swim
  • Banana and piece of string cheese after swim
  • Really thin slice of lamb cake around 10AM and a few jelly beans
  • 12 oz. Gatorade during run
  • 1 serving Endurox R4 right after run
  • Lean Cuisine something or other with some Sylvia's sauce on top for lunch (and of course I licked the plate clean because I love the sauce!)
  • 2 Beck's
  • Dinner of basically 1.5 servings (I think) of meatloaf and large salad with tomatoes and mushrooms, and 2 servings of the lamb cake

Exercise I did:

  • 10 minutes of jump rope
  • 9 minutes of chinups, crunches and pushups
  • 1 hour of swimming
  • 26 minutes of lifting
  • 1 hour of running

So I woke up at 2AM this morning and thought I must not have eaten enough. So I had a few pieces of herring in wine sauce and a package (200 calories) of cheese-filled crackers, and then I fell back asleep and had a whole raft of interesting dreams, which I won't go into detail about here.

I definitely need to do a few things nutritionally:

  • Take in more calories during the first half of the day, although I prefer working out with little in my stomach, especially running. This just means I have to watch the clock and eat at like 5, 9, 1, 3 and then dinner.
  • Finish the damn cake! It's great, but not ideal nutrition. I can switch over to Twinkies, though.
  • Maybe take in a little more fat. Left to my own devices, my basic diet is maybe 10% fat. I think that has something to do with waking up in the middle of the night. I've been putting olive oil on the salads, though.
  • Time to buy Cheetos! I tend to not eat a lot at any single sitting
  • As much as I've come to like salads (and they are good for maintaining or losing weight), I need to get back on the rice for dinner during the week, and pasta 3 times a week to be prepped for long run and long ride days.

I used to have the nutrition epiphany closer to mid-May or June, but I guess I revved up the system a bit earlier this year, and my body is now telling me to catch up on the calories. I know, I know--big problem to have, right?

I'm thinking tonight is going to be a steak and pasta w/pesto. Yum!

1 comment:

Eugene Breger said...

that lamb cake recipe must be pretty tasty if you cannot leave the stuff alone.
I will make it without the mold and call it Crackhead Cake. Catchy, huh?