Saturday, July 25, 2009

It's that Time Again...

...where I have to thank everyone who has been along on my latest journey to Ironman #13.

My T1 and T2 bags are packed, and I'll be heading down to check them and my bike into transition soon enough.

My legs feel pretty rested, as do I, but my mind is not. The weather could still be anything tomorrow...and I will take what comes, as that is all that I can do. While I have a theoretical best time in mind, I will be OK just finishing tomorrow, as I have been with every other Ironman that I have done.

I'm taking some of Dad's ashes with me again...as I learned at Rockman in June, he is very helpful in getting me up hills, and there will be plenty of them tomorrow!

Lake Placid was my first Ironman, and so it shall be my last (organized, that is!). A lot has happened in the 8 years in between. I have changed in ways I never conceived of, and I hope to continue to change and grow.

I know one thing for sure--I will learn something else about myself tomorrow. How exciting!

3 comments:

Trevor Oseen said...

Will be thinking about your day tomorrow and KNOW you will be in good hands.

IronSnoopy said...

Following you on IMlive.com and you are tearing that course up! Way to go out with a huge ass bang!!!

Trevor Oseen said...

Nice work!