Sunday, December 25, 2005

Today's Workout: I'm Both Scared and Excited!

Today I looked at what my coach posted for my workouts the week beginning 1/2/2006, the week of the Goofy Challenge. If I do everything on there, and based on how fast I think I can run the 1/2 and full marathons in Disney, I will knock out close to 10 hours of running that week!!

I have NEVER IN MY LIFE run that much in a single week, so in addition to just the weekend being a big, humongous deal, the whole entire week will be a never-been-done-before-by-Crackhead week. What the fuck did I get myself into? Yet when I looked at the workouts, I was smiling in this schizophrenic, crazed sort of way. Perfect!

My coach has me doing :40 runs M/W/Th/F that week. Why? RUN, FORREST, RUN!! The week of Ironman Canada 2004 I ran almost every day up until the race, and had my best Ironman time (and IM marathon) ever. I repeated that performance 7 weeks later at Ironman Hawaii. So the more often I run, the better for me.


YIKES!!!! Not to worry, though, each of those :40 runs has about :15 of strides in there, so they won't be high impact runs or anything, and then several race pace repeats. I am totally pumped!

I decided to do my big strength session today, since I have the day off, and then next week I will do the same thing on New Year's day, so my body has plenty of time to recover from the session before Goofy.

12:05PM Lift 2x15, weights down, 1:16. The workout felt just fine, as I had nothing else to do today. I found out I should start doing deadlifts (Romanian) again, as it seems to stretch out some truculent muscle in my right back. I did my movement prep/stretching routine just before I lifted, and I was able to get through every single exercise in The Core Performance Movement Prep routine. I must say that book rocks, and every week I see a new level of flexibility that I haven't seen in years. I know it's good, because my muscles have never felt as good as they have lately. And I also changed one of my strength exercises by doing it on the stability ball.

Life is good!

No comments: