Sunday, April 27, 2008

Bottle Cage Emergency

For LGL, I initially tried getting Arundel Trident carbon cages, but they became unavailable. So I just slapped on some (still good cages) Specialized Rib Cage Pros that weigh 37 grams each (pretty lightweight).

A few weeks ago, I tried getting some carbon Elite cages, and again, my supplier's supplier (I have a running tab going at The Bike Shop) was unable to get them, as they became unavailable. I think the ones I was trying to get cost around $50 each.

Well, I've been getting frustrated, as I need LGL to be 100% blinged out,and so I searched for a carbon cage (it has to be Italian) that is stylish and available. So I settled on this one. It's the top of the line, and frankly I don't care what it costs. I made up a new term: MINOWICTB, pronounced min-oh-wicked-bee, and it stands for Money Is No Object When It Comes To Bikes. I think it must be Indian for "I have some cash burning a hole in my pants there must be something I need for one of my bikes or a completely new bike."

Now, these cages are a bit over the top, but I don't fucking care. I am ready to be made fun of for owning them. They only weigh 27 grams each, so I am saving TWENTY GRAMS off the weight of LGL! Plus I like that they have a touch of red on them. I had asked at The Bike Shop whether the carbon cages were able to be used with conventional screws. To which one of the guys responded, "There Is No Such Thing As a Conventional Screw." TINSTACS. You heard it here first!

It's Sunday, I'm up early, and so I've decided I'm doing a triathlon today--1500 yard swim, 2-hour ride and :45 run. I guess that makes it a sprint, huh? And I'll be riding LGL today, what the hell. She's dying to lose those 20 grams!

No comments: