Monday, April 28, 2008

Weekly Workout Totals 04/21/2008-04/27/2008

Can I just say last week was the best week ever? I feel absolutely awesome. I rode all 3 bikes last week (MTB, LGL and Bitch), I did another NothingMan yesterday, I got some bling on the way for LGL (and also Bitch, but I ain't sayin' what just yet), it's finally spring and my yard is looking spectacular and will just get better, and now I am going to start actually training for IMLP.

Up until now, my training has been preparing myself for the big volume stuff, and I think I have coached myself really well up until now. Maybe I finally am smart enough about how much I can do; maybe my both planned and unplanned rest time during the fall and winter was just what I needed, maybe I'm integrating my Dad's death--it's a lot of things all at once. I just feel like I have this glow about me. I want to do and be and suck up life. As much as it might seem it's all about triathlon, which is mostly what I write about here, that's not entirely true. Something I've learned over the past 6 months is how to balance it all a little better. Sure, I'm still triathlon centric, but I'm trying my best to keep the other things rolling as well.

And that little bit of weight I lost, well it can stay the hell off me. Once again, I notice how much lighter I feel when running, and I haven't lost any appreciable power on the bike, so what the hell. If it comes back, no worries. I also changed my running shoes--I switched to the lightest trainer that New Balance makes (and they are blinged out, too, with the special Dean Karnazes footbeds, so yeah, when I run I'm on top of Dean!). I'm thinking about changing pedals on Bitch to the same ones that are on LGL--haven't quite decided on that yet.

I'm also letting my hair grow out a little. Don't get all up in my face about having long hair--that is not going to happen--but I'm becoming comfortable with a bit more up there. Although my stylist is probably taking bets on the day I walk in and tell her to shave it down again! We'll see what I can tolerate once it's in the 80's.

I was talking with my brother (the one I love dearly), and he was reporting in on how his back is strained and his arthritis is acting up, and he asked me if I had arthritis yet, and I said no, and told him how great I feel. I realize that all could change for me in a flash, and I know it's a cliche that death makes you appreciate living that much more, but it's so true. It's not as if I didn't like my life before--I just like it better now. I also understand the nature of things, and that there will be discomfort or sadness or difficulty down the road.

But right now, this is it, and I'm going to stay with it. I feel really, really blessed to have the life that I have. I don't understand people who dislike Mondays--to me, they have always been the chance to kick off another awesome week, and on paper, that's what I'm about to have. Aside from training now, I can kiss my weekends goodbye. ALL BIKING ALL DAY! And then whatever else I can muster up the energy to do. Although, it makes me laugh, because yesterday after my little NothingMan, I was pretty tired, but then after I ate dinner I guess I decided I had more in me so I did a little record spinning and dancing. Honestly, lately I have been wondering where all this energy is coming from, but then I have learned to not really question it. As long as I have a smile on my face, kindness in my heart and a wicked strong body, what could be wrong with that? Yes, our bodies are just vessels, I know that, too, but I'm going to enjoy my vessel as long as possible!

You'll see below that I still am not sleeping as much as I would like for whatever reasons, but from years past I know that when I'm training intensely I can get by on less, which is why I sleep like a fucking tranquilized elephant over the winter. So with all the NothingNess that I've been doing over the last 8 weeks, I'm not surprised that I'm ahead of schedule as far as sleeping less. Last year, my average daily sleep started nosediving about 4 weeks later, so actually I'm doing well!

This coming week of training is a big biking week (4 rides--2 of them fairly long), and I should get in at least 200 miles. I'm also bumping up my swim volume. I'll be running off each ride this week, but no long run--running 6 out of 7 days. And then next week is a big run week. And that, ladies and gentlemen, will cap off my preparation for Triple T and then some!

Today's weather forecast calls for "Occasional showers...chance of thunderstorms and snow showers." You don't see that very often!

Come along for the ride--it's going to be Cracktacular!

Weekly Workout Totals 04/21/2008-04/27/2008
Swim: 8200 yards (4.65 miles) in 2.92 hours; 18% of weekly workout time; approx. 1021 calories burned
Bike: Approx. 140 miles in 8 hours; 51% of weekly workout time; approx. 3855 calories burned; Total TSS=480
Run: Approx. 25.41 miles in 3.86 hours; 24% of weekly workout time; approx. 1744 calories burned
Strength: 1.02 hours; 6% of weekly workout time; approx. 255 calories burned
All Sports: Approx. 170.06 miles in 15.8 hours; approx. 6875 calories burned
Sleep: 7.5 hours avg./night
Stretching: 1.57 hours. Massage: 1.5 hours

1 comment:

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

hee hee! You sound like you're full of life - what a great place to be!