Saturday, May 03, 2008

Food, Awesome Deal for Ladies and General Updates















First pic is last night's dinner--it's farfalle with a sausage, tomato and cabbage sauce, and Ahi tuna seared in a sauce of Marsala, Vidalia onions and ordinary white mushrooms. Man can I cook or what? Notice the tri content--just got Inside (but you already knew all this crap) Triathlon, and I guess to match Tri(constantly repeating content)Athlete magazine, the feature is on the physique. They shoulda put me in there, I swear. Anyway, when you get it, you will see that some of the women weigh EVEN LESS THAN ME!!! I am 5'3" 110 pounds, and on page 55 you see this woman who is only 37, 5'3" 108 pounds, and while she is quite lean, I think I look better than her, so I guess those 2 pounds I have on her are good stuff! Anyway, it goes to show you why when someone says I'm skinny I sometimes go postal on them because I'm not.

The other 2 pics are of a backpack that I bought specifically for when I start riding a bike (the MTB) to the outdoor pool in a month. It's fucking awesome! I got it at the online Kiefer store for $25 plus whatever shipping, and it retails for $45. I'm thinking Kiefer made a mistake with the pricing since you can't find that low of a price anywhere else. As you can see, it also comes in blue. Anyway, I found its measurements (17" x 12.5", but I think it's actually bigger) and figured it would hold my kickboard (they don't supply those at my outdoor pool) and all my other crap. Which is why I took a pic of the kickboard, pull buoy and fins in there, and there's boatloads more room. It also has little pockets for an iPod, goggles and other stuff. The only thing is there is no mesh bag inside, but hey, I always bring plastic grocery bags for my wet crap. Anyway, I love how pink it is, to the point of *SHININESS*.

In other news, I received a bunch of plants that I ordered yesterday, so I'm going to have to plant those this weekend as well as a bunch of flower seeds. I have some interior painting touchups to do, I need new garden hoses (and I found *pink* ones!) and may need to make another trip to the bike shop if my MTB is ready with new pedals and shoes. Oh, and the Barbies got some new digs--let's just say the Tiki Hut is getting a severe upgrade.

In other news, as you can see from the time I posted this, I am still not sleeping much, but seem to feel OK. This week is pure madness with all the training I'm doing. I already did dishes this morning because, well the amount of bottles was getting out of control. And then I'm cooking, too, so it just adds up. I don't know how you people manage in households with multiple people--just my own bottle/dishes mess plus laundry plus general triathlon crap strewn everywhere is enough to make someone go crazy--duh, I already am :)

No comments: