Thursday, July 31, 2008

Pink Day

I decided today was Pink Day, and I've worn nothing but pink (or nothing). I rode CF to the outdoor pool and knocked out 3500 meters and rode home. Here's what I wore riding:













Here's what I swam in (taken after running):












Then a little after noon, I went for a run. It's really hot again, and so I decided to just throw on my cold and wet swimsuit top and a pair of shorts. I was so hot, I ended up rolling the shorts down and also tucking them in on my legs--I know, I should have just worn the swimsuit bottom, but it doesn't have a pocket to hold my keys (now what a great idea that would be!). I tossed a lot of water over myself in the last 1.5 miles, but I had a great, GREAT run! I feel really recovered now, but the proof will be my ability to knock out a 100-mile ride on Sunday. So far, so good!













I made some simple egg salad from 5 hardboiled eggs (eggs, mayo, salt and pepper), and fixed myself this sandwich with farmer's market romaine lettuce and Arkansas (they're actually pretty good) tomatoes (I used a little over half the egg salad):










Man, that sandwich was T-A-S-T-Y!!! I HEART eggs. And tomatoes. Lettuce not so much, but it's not bad when combined with other stuff. I started on my lettuce kick at Triple T, when I was being fed by a small troop of Canadian men.

I'm at about 10 1/3 hours for the week so far, and feeling really good. I have a little DOMS from my strength workout on Tuesday (plus just for shits and grins I did 50 "air squats" and tried out a couple other Crossfit moves yesterday), and I'm starting to have a little fatigue, but other than that, I'm doing great. This is what happens when your longest workout has only been 2 hours! This isn't "real" training until I knock out a 2-hour run and 6 hour ride. The ride should happen on Sunday, but it will be 2 more weeks before I'm up to a 2-hour run, then I'll have a couple more weeks at 2+ hours and then it's taper time again. Sigh...

4 comments:

D said...

I am so jealous of your rockin bod, but here I sit eating a Twix... and I can't stop myself! haha

Jamie said...

I say just tie your keys to the string on your swim bottoms and tuck it in. Looks way better than rolled up running shorts. Avoids the diaper look and is much hotter.

Oly said...

Okay, so you had me a bit concerned with all this "I heart" stuff in the last two posts... I thought maybe you were getting soft or something.

I was gonna say HTFU. Must be short term memory loss (beer) on my part, forgot who I was dealing with.

Back to training for me, just so I can hang at NothingMan.

Pink is good. Happy training, later.

Born To Endure said...

Pink makes me happy, thanks for making me happy..:-))