Saturday, August 02, 2008

Run Like a Whore

Here's the before shot. Notice where my keys are. Or not. Your choice. Thanks, Jamie!











After running. I managed a little over 7.5 miles. My legs let me know that I did an Ironman 2 weeks ago, but it was such a gorgeous day, I didn't care that I walked a little here and there. Yeah, I got some looks running around like this, but I have to say, I was totally comfortable. The only problem is that I took off like a jack rabbit, which cost me, but still, I really enjoyed the run. I have to change the rules--the temperature only needs to be 70F or above to run like this.




Here's the backside. Geez, do you think I could have bigger legs???











Right after taking the after pics, I headed to the outdoor pool and knocked out 2800 meters in glorious sunshine--it was maybe 83 out, and several other folks swimming laps commented how this was the BEST day of the summer. I sure thought it was! I did a drill workout, and when I was on my back, I took time to contemplate the puffy clouds overhead.

When I finished swimming, I went and took a shower and washed my hair, and then returned to a chaise lounge to dry off a bit before heading back home. I was packing up my swim bag when a man came over with hand extended and asked me what my name is. His name is Kevin, and he told me that I "rock." I figure I was blushing, because that's just not a common thing, but he told me he'd seen me swimming and noticed my physique and figured I did more than just swim. What a nice thing to say! I bet some people think I make up these stories, but I do not. I am just out there doing my thing. I told Kevin how to find my blog and gave him the usual warning :)

Back at the ranch, I made a good lunch from some of the things I got at the farmer's market, then mowed the lawn, and felt tired so I laid down for a nap. Only thing is, I wasn't so much tired as in need of stretching, so I just got on that in bed and then on the floor and then I felt a lot better, got up and motivated to get things ready for tomorrow's riding (100+ miles, baby!) and grilling, got the grilling done, and here I am about to cash it in because I need to get up at 4AM!

The weather forecast for tomorrow is not as oppressive as predicted a few days ago, but it will still be H-O-T! I haven't picked out my more-or-less-nothing riding outfit--I'll do that in the wee hours tomorrow--but I did fix bottles which was a little weird. I hope to be riding at 6AM since it's going to be so hot, so I'll need to put something over my nothing to start, but no worries--the Hydrotail is good for wrapping stuff around it meaning I can go nearly naked as it warms up!

Hope everyone's having as great a weekend as I am!

4 comments:

Born To Endure said...

Love that suit..what brand is it? Nice tan you got going on girl!!

Crackhead said...

That swimsuit is from EQ swimwear.

I have several polyester suits from them--they are great!

Oly said...

I can see your balls.

Jamie said...

Man. You ARE tan! I've still got 2 sets of tan lines from my tri top and bike jersey that I haven't been able to get rid of.

Glad you liked the key idea. :-)