Thursday, September 25, 2008

Three Weeks


FYI, I'm getting back to training. Pretty much one day at a time, but at least I've sketched out how much running I should try and do between now and 11/1, if I'm to do that 50K.

But I really just need to get through the next 3 weeks. After that, I'll have a freshly painted, inside and out, house, complete with new windows and doors. And my street should be finished! New house, new street, new training season.

If you read up on dreams or just even psychology, you'd know that "house" is often a metaphor for one's inner self. Dreams about houses or rooms signify that you are doing "work" on yourself. What the fuck, I am all about working on myself. So much so that it does, at times, feel like actual work. How can I do work when I also have to WORK? How is it that it this first stage of working on my physical house has come down to 3 weeks to go? Then I will need to decide what's next. I suppose subconsciously I decided to begin working on my physical house knowing that I'd be working on my inner house at the same time.

The only problem with finishing one thing is that it means it's time to begin something else. Just like when you find the answer to one question in your life you are presented with the next question. And you know what? From my past experiences, it usually takes about 3 weeks for something to gel in my head and answer the first question and then I'm usually ready for the next one. Maybe that's why coaches recommend a 3-week step up and then 1 week down.

I received a bonus question yesterday--an invitation to the 30 Days of Prison Workouts, care of Louis. He's a guy I met at the outdoor pool this summer who is into CrossFit. Well, I guess I just signed up for it. Starts in 3 weeks. I know I can do the 50 air squats, planks, Superman, anything abs I can do. I can do a few burpees. I'm excited about this because, well, it will be a replacement for my current strength training for a month. I am sure once the month is up that Louis will be pointing me to something else.

There are just too many coincidences here. This is why I write this shit down.

3 weeks. I can't wait! I get to be a prisoner in my own house!

1 comment:

Louis Hayes said...

Sweet. Glad to have you in the cell block....haha