Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fun in PCB

I got here yesterday afternoon after uneventful flights from Chicago to Atlanta (change to EST) and then Atlanta to PCB (change back to CST). Shelley picked me up and we made the short drive to her gorgeous condo. Below is the view from the balcony:

I quickly dumped all my crap in the condo, and then we suited up to go for a ride. Shelley brought her son Eric's road bike for me to ride. It has toe clips. I need to adjust the position a little bit before race day, but basically the bike is the right size for me.

suited up to go for a ride, sporting brand new LAS Squalo helmet

Shelley suited up to ride, also in some nice compression socks!

Fueling up after a 7-hour door-to-door journey

We met up with Shelley's friend, Dennis, and drove out onto a road to do a 1-hour ride. When we turned around, I decided it was a good time to pee, and in fine tradition, Shelley snapped a pic of me:

Shelley had a stripped seat post bolt, and Dennis fixed it as well as possible so we could finish riding.

After the ride, we got new bolts for Shelley's seat post and then had dinner, made a trip to Walmart for provisions, and then she and I both passed out while watching The Love Guru.

This morning I'm volunteering at the Gatorade swim, which should be fun, and then I hope to do some running and sunning! Weather forecast looks awesome for the next few days, including race day!

This is a great place, and I'm so glad I decided to come on down and support some friends!

No comments: