Tuesday, October 28, 2008

One New Bathroom Down



This is my new bathroom downstairs off the family room. It's pretty simple--all white--but it's a huge step up from what was there previously. The guy I have doing all this work for me is wonderful--I told Ken from the beginning that I was not one to go to fifteen different stores shopping for this and that. He picked out windows and exterior doors for me, and they look great on the house. He picked everything for this bathroom--except I did go and look at faucets one day because that is one thing I wanted to choose myself.

I spend a lot of time in bathrooms due to my habit of excessive showering ;) Plus, it's the place I put on Bodyglide and/or sunscreen and change into swimming, biking or running clothes. My downstairs is where I spend a lot of time in the winter since that's where the trainer lives. Sigh--it's starting to be that time already, as we had some frankenprecipitation yesterday--not sure whether it was snow, sleet, hail or that weird stuff called graupel.

Next up on the remodeling front is the laundry room, but that doesn't begin until I'm back from PCB next week. Funny thing is that room is almost as big as my kitchen, and it's going to be nicer than the kitchen! Oh well...kitchen and family room get done next year. I need to get all my space and crap back into position and start training!

If any of you live in my area and need interior remodeling, my guy Ken is with KM Interiors. He does great work at reasonable prices, and like I said, he's been great for me to work with in terms of making a lot of good choices for me. The upstairs bathroom is going to be kick ass, though, and I'm spending a lot of time online trying to locate the exact things I need. It's going to be black and white with a red granite vanity top and waterfall faucets. The tub and toilet will be black. I'm currently searching for someone who can sell me the right size granite (picture of sample below) slab (you pay by the slab). Once that's done, I can get it cut and delivered within a week. If I can't get the type below, I'll settle for something temporary until I can get what I want, since it comes from Bra-zeel!

No comments: