Friday, October 31, 2008

Thursday in PCB

I volunteered at the Gatorade Swim along with Shelley's son Eric and hubby Jeff. It was a lot of fun talking to the athletes and just hanging out.

Eric manning the Gatorade given to athletes when they were done swimming

Me before starting my duties

Swim course, at start area

Me, with my awesome new Nike Gatorade shirt given to me by none other than Tom Ziebart, who I first met at a local race in 2004
Me with Brett, who is also racing this year

Me, Shelley and Brett

Shelley and Brett

Brett

Me and Adam Brown, who lives near me and is fucking fast. He qualified for Kona this year but didn't go and is trying to qualify for Kona at IMFL 2008

Here's the awesome dinner Shelley made. The wine sucked, however.

The view from our balcony looking east



IMFL is really a fun Ironman to not do! I'd highly recommend it! Today I swam 1/2 the course, ran 1/2 hour and then we went to Waffle House for breakfast/lunch. Next, I'm going to have Eric's bike fitted to me better and then it's hang out in the sun for a few hours with my girl, Shelley. Later on we'll go Halloweening and then early dinner and sleep for race day, where I hope to bike about 60 miles and run 13 or so.

1 comment:

Oly said...

Geez!! Looks like your the only one who didn't get their stroke on yesterday.

Glad you loosened up and got wet today.