Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Bathroom Progress

Yesterday was a productive day in the (old) new bathroom. After the old tub was removed, Ken got to work on preparing for the installation of the new one:



Below is most of the debris from the bathroom, patiently waiting outside for the dumpster, which will be here on Monday, at which time I will be adding a bunch more stuff to it from my garage:

The new, black tub is in place, and before Ken left, I noted that he got it all dirty! But I was able to tell that water looks real pretty against the black.


Ken left a shop light in there hanging from the rafters, showing me how to turn it on in case I wanted to "gaze upon my new tub." Of course, I did that this morning, and here's a shot of the area, including the new window, which also went in yesterday:

This morning (it's still morning!), I got out my industrial strength black magic marker from one of my tri bags to use to scratch out mailing labels on a box that I'm sending off to someone today. As soon as I put that marker in my hand, I thought, "Hey, why not inscribe something on the studs before the walls are put in?" And so I did:


I don't know whether another person will ever see my writing in the future, but if they do, and they wonder who Crackhead was and what was going on in her (if they can figure that out) life at the time the bathroom was completed, well let's just say there would be too much for me to write all over the studs. There has been a lot of destruction going on my life, and I am attempting to reassemble myself and I'm not sure how that's going to turn out just yet, but I know that this last bit of remodeling (for 2008, anyway) is going to carry a lot of meaning to me. I suppose I wrote that I'm a stud because I'm going through a bit of a physical/emotional/spiritual crisis right now, and I am counting the days to when I am physically healed, emotionally stabilized and spiritually reconnected to myself and the universe. Who knew you could put all that into the simple message I left for myself? I am trying to remind myself of what I know I am and have become and will return to hopefully sooner rather than later. What better way than to leave my message in a place that will be beautified not just for me but for whoever owns this house next?

No comments: