Thursday, November 20, 2008

I am so hurt

Nothing like getting a massage and getting the full report on your injuries. My right leg is bruised over my quads and my shin. The gash in my shin is definitely going to scar--a little chunk of my leg was taken out. My left glute now has a nice bruise around the cut (which I'm told is also fairly deep), and the lower part of my left glutes is also bruised. All the muscles up and down my spine are spasming intermittently.

I cried for myself during this massage. I don't think I've ever felt so hurt. At one point I asked Shawna to please find something on me that isn't injured. I just hope that my underlying strength helps me to heal. I am lucky that I have a few people who will take care of me or are at least trying to. Now I have a nice huge mirror in front of my bed so I can look at myself and see just how bad everything is. I'm almost scared to do that, but I know it needs to be done. On the bright side, my eyes turn bright green when I'm crying. They never look so pretty as when I'm sad and crying. Isn't that ironic?

Fuck.

No comments: