Monday, November 10, 2008

Feeling Much Better


I'm doing a whole lot better today. Spent the entire weekend being sick and taking so many drugs that I couldn't tell whether I was getting better or not.

On Saturday, I made a foray to buy some house stuff, intending to go to 2 or 3 different stores, but after completing one stop, I was so exhausted that I headed back home for more soup, medicine, and bed time.

Yesterday around 10AM I decided I was done taking drugs and would tough it out, and magically I was able to complete a small odyssey, and got a lot of cool stuff for my bathroom that will begin construction next week.

Some things that were weighing heavily on my mind came to resolution in the past few days. I ended up settling on pure black granite for the vanity top in the bathroom, and then I went faucet hunting. Today I will find out if my guy can obtain all the parts for the ONLY FAUCET DESIGN THAT I LIKE!!!

I ordered these towels and also these. I got black/chrome waste basket and other accessories plus plain red and black towels from Target, and now I just need to agonize over a rug. I'm also thinking about how I want the floor tile laid--it will be black and white on the diagonal, but maybe I want a pattern--maybe not.

I reordered blinds for my office and guest bedroom from Home Depot after Lowe's fucked up my order over 4 weeks ago, but they should arrive in time for the final day of remodeling where we'll lay down the zebra carpet (which should arrive any day now) and I'll write a big check for the remaining work.

I stretched yesterday for the first time in about a week and a half, and I'm not sure whether it was stretching or what, but both my psoas muscles are in a bit of a spasm, but I'm not too worried about them.

I am still sick, but way better than I was 2 days ago. At least my nose isn't running like a faucet and the headache is finally gone. I'm not sure whether I can work out today, but I'm thinking at least a core session will be a good thing. Since I can breathe almost normally again, I can go and get a massage tonight!

I am just no good mentally when I am physically sick, and having the double whammy this past week really sucked the big one. But things are looking up--see the post above!

No comments: