Saturday, January 10, 2009

Lots of Snow Again!



I just finished clearing my driveway and removing snow from the lower north-facing roof (ice dams will form on the north roof if I don't get the snow off once it begins melting). It took me about an hour of shoveling plus snow raking, then another 40 minutes with the snowblower. The snow is really pretty, and the temperatures are really mild (near 30!), and it looks like it will keep falling until at least noon.

Since I effectively just did another strength workout, I'm going to dump some more calories in me, head to the grocery store before more snow falls, and then I'll get on the trainer for 2 hours. I'm supposed to run for 30 minutes afterwards, but the snow is too deep to run in safely on the roads, so I'll either head to the Y for a short treadmill/track run or just skip it.

I do plan on skiing some tomorrow--the snow is just too nice to not do something with!

If you didn't know already, Chicago had a record precipitation year in 2008--the most EVER recorded--and this winter is looking to set records for snowfall, just like we did last winter. Oh well, nothing to do but get out in it!

2 comments:

Bebedores do Gondufo said...

Happy New Year 2009. I hope that Portugal come visit my blog. Thank you very much
http://abebedorespgondufo.blogs.sapo.pt/

Fat Loser said...

I'm lucky to do the driveway and walks. Haven't gotten to roof yet. Do you have a pink snowsuit?