Sunday, January 04, 2009

Look What I Made This Weekend!

A new duvet cover for my bed...I decided I was tired of the previous one. I went online to search for pirate and zebra fabric a little over a week ago, and I scored big time! Bonus--I also got flames! Here's the finished product on the bed:

Here's a closeup of the pirate fabric. Yes, it says "Bad Bones" on it!


Closeup of the zebra fabric. I really like the fact that it's like embedded zebras instead of just stripes!


The entire thing took about 8 hours to complete, from buying the lining fabric locally (Friday evening) to measuring and cutting (yesterday morning before I worked out) and finally sewing (this morning). I'm really happy with the result, and now I think it's time I ditch the floral curtains and go with pleated shades...funny how I"m into this "decorating" thing after 8 years of total neglect!

The only reason I hurried up on this sewing project is that I only use the duvet cover in the winter, and there's maybe 2.5 months left of that (YEAH!), so I wanted to get some use out of it. Plus, I have another sewing project in the wings, and there aren't too many more weekends (7, maybe) where I won't be wasted from training and/or racing.

Had an awesome day yesterday--cut out the duvet cover, biked 2 hours pretty hard, ran :30 pretty hard (including my first episode of hyperthermia for 2009!!!), went and saw the movie "Role Models" (hilarious), watched a little TV, read a little and early to bed.

Now it's time to go run and swim and then all I have left today is to cook, which I am really getting into now.

Enjoy your Sunday!

2 comments:

Born To Endure said...

Wow..that's awesome Sheila..you are sooo talented!!

Cindy Jo said...

Holy shit! That is SWEEEET!!!!