Friday, August 16, 2013

Crackhead V56.0

I got Dark Knight yesterday.  Isn't he awesome?

I got my thyroid test back yesterday.  My TSH is .676, which is considered within range, so no more being stabbed for SIX MONTHS!!!

I feel so good, so great, in fact I feel as good as I felt in my early 20's.  It's a little scary, since I had thought that I felt pretty good during some of my training cycles say for IMC and IMHI 2004, IMLP 2007 and 2009.  Perhaps then my thyroid was spiking to deliver normal amounts of hormone--who knows?  At any rate, now feels even better than any of that, and I feel like a Maserati or Ferrari is under my hood.  I am sleeping well when I'm asleep, but it seems I might need less sleep than I used to.  But I think I am still just so excited at feeling good right now that I am trying to get all these things done, and when I do that, I tend to wake up early really excited to get at it.

While I was in the dregs of depression and hypothyroidism and recovering from catastrophic house breakdown (all that is in order now fingers crossed!), I was afraid to commit to any races, and I was paranoid about spending money.  Well, clearly all that has changed.  I bought several new Splish swimsuits (I didn't really need them but they do motivate me to swim harder), I just got new tires put on my car (and it needed them and they feel GREAT), I treated myself to a bunch of new Zoot clothing (some of which I actually needed like new recovery compression tights), bought a couple of new superheros (Dark Knight and Tiny Spock--still can't decide on which Superman to get), ordered 6 pairs of running shoes (since I tend to go through them quickly), am getting a brand new MTB tomorrow, and last night I had my annual eye exam, and I was about to check out when I spotted a pair of glasses that I decided I just HAD to have!  They are by Prodesign Denmark and really cool, and I tried to find the pic on the website but it would take too long.  When I get them, I'll show you!  I actually put enough in my FSA to cover the cost of them.

I'm caught up on all my annual stuff--eye exam, breast exam, dentist (I go twice a year), have the HVAC annual maintenance scheduled (my units are all new since last year as part of my catastrophic house breakdown), Skull Kingdom is all tuned up (and my mechanic gave me a brand spanking new SRAM front derailleur which is DA BOMB--I asked how much I owed for it, and he said it was just an exchange I LOVE HIM), my PowerTap is working, I ordered a new laptop for work (it should be here next week YAY).

As soon as I registered for IMCOZ, I made a training plan, sent in my passport renewal, booked my air tickets to Cozumel, got an estimate (which I will spring for) for cleaning my yard up at the end of fall (cut down/discard all perennial stems and do final raking/bagging/disposal of leaves) since I won't have time, and one more secret thing that I can't say anything about until tomorrow (it's good, though!).

I still have a few home maintenance things to get done--get my oven fixed (I've been doing without since March no worries), clean some windows, other crap, but I know it will get done.

I finally feel like all the cylinders are firing, that I can manage day to day stuff, do my training, coach and mentor some people, spend time with friends and family, and continue to kick ass at my job.  How much better could things be?  Yes, there is that romance thing, and honestly, I had lost pretty much all desire for a few years there, but I think that is coming back, which doesn't mean I am going to become a raging sex addict, but hopefully I will demonstrate openness to the right person when they appear in my life.

I have registered for a marathon next March (unsure whether it would qualify me in time for Pike's Peak Marathon--those losers won't accept an IM marathon as a qualifier WTF I'm fast enough in IM to meet their standards), and I'm tentatively planning on racing Triple T, 24 Hours of Triathlon (with Brad) and Leadman (with Maz).  And I DO plan to rest appropriately (1-2 weeks completely on my ass or back) after IMCOZ.  I have learned FINALLY that I CAN rest, and I CAN get my fitness back in a hurry.  So there's that.

This is all pretty fucking good for the age of 56, I think (57 in 2 months mark your calendars!).  I was born in 1956, and now I am 56 years old, so there is something omen-ish about this.  I feel like all my triathlon knowledge has gelled to the point where I can and SHOULD be coaching people and right now is the trial period so perhaps I'll be ready to cut loose from "regular life" next year.  Or not.  I still really love my job.  My mortgage will be paid off next February, too, so no roots holding me anywhere, although I DO love my new bar!  And of course, I LOVE my flower gardens, so for now I'm quite happy continuing to live in Illinois, despite the fact that we have winter, because if it weren't for winter, I'd be training like a fucking Crackhead year round.

Not only is life good, but for right now it's FUCKING OUTSTANDING!!!

No comments: