Sunday, August 18, 2013

Tracking Comes Through Again

So up until just now, I thought 2012 was a complete wash for me training.  I got lazy about logging my workout time in my spreadsheet that keeps running tallies of everything on a calendar year and season year basis.  About a month ago, I went back and filled in about 8 weeks of zeroes (actually NULLS), and thought I was done, but there were still 4 weeks of nothing that I checked back in my handwritten log (yes I keep it on paper because God forbid my computer crashes and I lose the electronic record!) where I actually did SOMETHING.

So I entered data for the missing weeks, let the wonder that is Excel add it up, and guess what?  I still trained 672 hours in 2012.  I guess that's a little more than NOTHING, eh?

I've extrapolated where I will end up for 2013 using actuals through 7/14 and then accumulating planned training through the end of the year--it comes out to about 790 hours.  WTF???  I guess while I was in the dregs of depression and being generally fucked up mentally and physically, I also thought I wasn't training very much, but that was just my suppressed brain function talking.

Well NO WONDER my fitness and speed is coming back in a hurry!  I think there's hope for me yet!

To catch you up in case you've never seen my totals over the years, here they are:





This only goes back to 2007; I don't remember where I put 2000-2006 data (trust me, it's SOMEWHERE). 

2012 was still a relatively light year for me, since a lot of the workouts were done pretty easily, and the latter half of the year when I biked on the trainer, I had no speedometer or power meter, so I had no clue how hard (or easy) I was going.

So the point here is that it IS important to track what you are doing so you have an accurate record in case you find yourself on the road to turning into a Crackhead.

No comments: