Sunday, September 01, 2013

Tons o' Biking Part 2

Today I decided to ride in full Heathen Mode:





How can you not go fast and smile when dressed this way?  At one point, I stopped at this park shelter to use the restroom, and a man with 2 young children was just looking at me, and I knew it, and said, "Lots of skulls, huh?"  He smiled and said, "Nice bike."  

The bike workout was:

WU: 15' Easy, 30' Steady
MS: 1 x 20' at FT
20' Steady,
1 x 20' at Half IM watts
CD: 15' easy


That's a pretty solid short ride!  It went well, I was hitting wattages and adjusted the PT settings when I got back since wheel size was off which may explain my lack of mileage.  At any rate, I had a blast riding with pretty nice weather (i.e., NOT RAINING) and went for 2:08, and then it was time to run :45 as easy out, steady back.

Basically, wherever I run from home, there are hills.  Not huge ones, but it is far from flat.  I decided to run this route.  I ended up averaging 9:16/mile, not bad considering the bike workout and the usual presence of hills, and it warmed up to near 80, which is plenty warm for running.

Here I am when I was finished running, a bit peaked:

At least I'm wearing a cool visor from Jordan Rapp

See those shoes?  They are awesome!
My right foot did not hurt ONE IOTA, so I think I got the metarsalgia licked.  But tune in next week during the running binge.

Finally, I wanted to do a really short recovery swim of 1,000 yards, so I suited up:
Fuck off, camera, also nice tan lines
Since I was only going to swim 1,000 yards, I did not wear one of my good suits.  The above is a Speedo reserved for when I don't give a fuck, which by the time I swam, was 100% true.  I went and swam, and it felt good, and I am actually starting to see changes in my stroke care of Magic Mike!  When I was done, I decided to just go outside (my Y has a nice deck outside the pool) and get started on my stretching.  It was really nice out, and I thought about how I have not just sat in the sun for years!  It was only maybe 80, and the sun felt good on me as I was cooled from the pool.

I ended out this week at just over 18 hours of training, so it's all quite real at this point.  More biking coming up!  This coming week I ride Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday!  Yay!  I fucking love biking!

No comments: