Thursday, September 05, 2013

Tons o' Biking Part 5

Today I was supposed to do the same bike workout as yesterday, but I'd already decided to ride LGL since I will be riding her on Saturday up in Wisconsin.  Then I had a bright idea that I should just go and ride hills today, otherwise my legs will be in serious shock in 2 days!

I was busy, busy, busy at work, and I even had to move a meeting 1/2 hour later so I could get my ride and run in.  I ended up riding in Lisle in a hood where there are some fun hills, and I used big gears and grinded away, and it was fun!  Another absolutely gorgeous day, and I wanted to ride more, but I had to be home to get in my brick run and then do another work meeting.  Here I am finished:
I helped design this kit.  It has Excalibur on it and scapulae on the back.

Had to do the obligatory bike hoist so you can see my huge legs and Outside Fish
I didn't ride very fast (just over 16mph) because I was intentionally hill grinding, but still had a good ride and think I will be just fine on the IMWI course.  By the way, I fucking love riding LGL!!! She is stiff and nimble and I really like ripping around corners on her.  I am looking forward to riding in Wisconsin!

I hurried up and switched to run shorts and shoes and stripped off my top and chugged the rest of the Infinit (all its caffeine goodness!) and headed out to run for about 20 minutes.  I ran up and down the 1/3 mile hill from my house and .1 mile further and back 3 times.  Turns out I ran 8:37/mile, which is fast for me, so all good.  I was happy to be done since I was hungry!
I won a fish!

Outside Fish is worried
So the workouts keep going well, and now I have to get ready for spectating duties!  Tomorrow is a 3200 swim, :40 run and 1 hour easy ride which I will do on Death Machine.  Too bad I haven't gotten on Bitch this week, since then I would have ridden all my bikes!  But I'm doing well to ride 3 out of 4, don't you think?

No comments: