Sunday, January 22, 2006

Weekly Workout Totals 1/16/2006-1/22/2006

Swim: 9,650 yards in 3.47 hours; 27% of weekly workout time
Bike: 4.38 hours; 34% of weekly workout time
Run: 3.03 hours; 23% of weekly workout time
Strength: 2.18 hours; 17% of weekly workout time
Total Hours: 13.06
Average Sleep: 9.29 hours/night
Stretching: 2.07 hours
Accomplishments:
  • Got back to running! Did a 1:30 run today ending in tempo!
  • Did a long ride (2:17) that included strong HIM intervals; feel ready to return to FT work next week
  • Did a decent amount of swimming. I am going to try and get in 4+ swims per week as a rule now
  • Completed a strength workout of 3x20, which a few weeks ago I thought wasn't necessary. As it turned out, this was a perfect week to get that in as I approach my Maximum Strength period
  • Got lots of sleep, which is very helpful for marathon recovery
  • Have mostly recovered from my foot issue, and the knee isn't far behind
  • Got my stretching back up to where I want it. Found a new position in which to hit some QL (quadratus lumborum) trigger points, and am working them daily. My QL's are one of my nemeses, as they tend to be in many runners and cyclists.
Goals for Next Week:
  • Keep up the stretching. I feel like I was able to bounce back pretty quickly from Goofy Challenge due to my overall fitness, continued strength work and especially stretching
  • Regain my bike FT watts. While I was easily able to hold/exceed HIM watts this week, I know that my first bout of FT intervals will really suck, yet I think I can get back to where I was in two weeks.
  • Begin visualization for Ralph's 1/2 IM. While I would like to be able to predict an overall time, I realize this is folly since I won't have done any outdoor riding prior to the race (unless Global Warming really takes off in Chicago), and my bike fitness will be one of the deciding factors. Instead, I will use that race to focus primarily on my running toughness, and hope to PR my 1/2 marathon time (including open 1/2 mary!) there. The swim is dicey, since it's a cold ocean swim, so I'm not worried about that except to get through it strongly.
  • Get my head on straight for the next 5 weeks of Maximum Strength work.

3 comments:

Brett said...

I like the way you list your goals for the coming week and review the prior week. I think I need to try that.

Rebel said...

Go Global Warming!!! If it means I can workout outdoors in the middle of January then I am all for it. I think its the greatest thing since the end of the Ice Age.

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

What will 5 weeks of maximum strength training look like?