Monday, July 16, 2007

Show this Crackhead some Love

























Because this place doesn't. Although I submitted a definition of myself there :) It should be published at #29.

Seriously, people, and I know there are a lot of you out there reading this blog. I need some love for my A-race on Sunday, 7/22/2007--Ironman USA Lake Placid. Final list of peeps I know in some capacity also posted above. Love them all on race day!

If you have a blogger account, please comment and show me some love--I've disabled comments moderation, so your love will show up immediately.

If you DO NOT have a blogger account, you can set yourself up so you can comment without really setting up a blog. Head here and then begin the blog creation process, through the point where you have a profile set up. And then just don't create the blog. It's that simple. Then you can comment away.

I still am not allowing Anonymous to comment. He's a dickhead, from what I hear :)

Oh--and please tell me what country you are from.

I need some Blogger love and mojo.


Edit: If you are racing IMLP, read this:

Ironman USA Pre-Race Talk, Friday 7/20 @ 9am next to Tennis Courts by Swim Start
Ironman coaches Patrick McCrann and Rich Strauss of Endurance Nation (http://www.endurancenation.us/) will host a pre-race talk for all Ironman USA athletes at 9am on Friday next to the Tennis Courts by the swim start. Patrick and Rich will discuss the pacing, nutritional, and mental strategies they’ve used to bring over 400 coached athletes across Ironman finish lines. This talk is open to all athletes and will last approximately 45 minutes. Look for two guys in Endurance Nation gear talking to a bunch of athletes.

27 comments:

3iron said...

Yay - I'm first!!! If I don't run into you around town before the race good luck this weekend! Swat my butt or something when you pass me on the run! I'm starting the 15 hour drive out on Thursday. Hopefully I've recovered by race day!

Spokane Al said...

Hey! As a long time reader from the left coast, I wish you the very best at IMLP. I am sure you will rock with the best, and will be looking forward to following your progress on Sunday, and reading your post race report.

Rock on!

Harriet said...

In this order

1) have fun
2) race hard
3) race well.
;-)

I think it was Michael Johnson (the multi-gold-medalist and world record holder in the 200 and 400) said something to the effect: "if you are nervous before the race, that's good! That means that you care. Embrace it."

ollie
(peoria, IL)

Mark said...

Much love...you will rock the house!

Cliff said...

Sheila,

Not sure if Darren told you. But we will be swimming on Fri. Meet at the Gatorage Bag Check in at 7:30 am.

BethB said...

Inspiring! 60s and doing an Ironman. Cheers!

I could use a daily dose of your approach to life and some great advice for training in my 40s and beyond.

I work on the Accelerade.com's new community for hard core athletes. It's a great place for the acquisition of love and mojo pre-race as well as expert tips and advice. You would be a great new voice in the community. I hope you will consider showing up and posting.

http://www.accelerade.com/team/Default.aspx

snowygrl said...

Lots of luck. You will do great.

Darren said...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
^^
positive vibes being sent your way. Ahh hell, why don't I just GIVE them to you when we meet up for out swim!? Lotsa love and a big ol mug of mojo, oh wait, you already have mojo coming out the ying yang - maybe stick to Ultra Violence? :) Cheers Shiela and cya soooooooon!

Brett said...

You know you already got love coming from me. Have a great race. You are very strong physically, but much stronger mentally. When it gets tough, remember that ... :)

Unknown said...

GOOD LUCK!

TriDaddy said...

Good luck and IM LP! You're going to do great!

MJ said...

Wait a minute, wait a minute. You think you need love and mojo? Oh please, you're killin' me. YOU ARE READY FOR THIS! You've put in the time and the work and now you're ready to rock. You don't need us to tell you that. You already know it. Now get out there and have a kick ass race. I'll be watching you online. :)

Crackhead said...

Hey, I appreciate some extra lovin' just as much as the next gal/guy.

MJ--next time I see you and have the camera, you WILL make my Hottie Brigade--it's only a matter of time!

Kim said...

You ROCK Sheila!!!! I am in awe of your great training!!!

You will have a wonderful great race there at LP!!!

Andy said...

Much Love to you Sheila!!! You will do great in you race this weekend! I wish you all the best. I will be sitting around watching a couple other people on IronmanLive, so you need to let us know your number so that I can athlete trak you!!

Murtha...

Crackhead said...

My bib is 2488 for those of you who will be watching in Ironman Live.

TriZilla said...

Hey there, It's Jen here (from TRI-DRS a while ago)...

Anyway, I always read your blog. Best of luck this weekend! I'll be watchin'!!! KICK some butt!

effendi said...

You know you're fit and going to kick ass. Negative split the bike, negative split the run :D

Sarah said...

New visitor here - but just wanted to send you some well wishes! Have fun! It's going to be a blast! (Now I get to read back and catch up on your story!)

- Sarah
pbj.typepad.com

momo said...

to my pink, barbie loving twin - you are going to have a blast!!! i'll definitely be watching you on ironmanlive and can't wait for you to show everyone that us irongirls ROCK!

hugs!!!

Julia said...

You have your "A" race this Sunday?!?!?!

Good luck Sheila! I'll watch for you on Ironmanlive. Can't wait to see you eat up that bike course.

Julia
Modena, Italy

Carrie said...

Lots of love coming your way!!!! Have a great Ironman, Crackhead!

Joe B said...

Find your fast and race well.

AddictedToEndorphins said...

I found your blog through Cliff's! Just wanted to say good luck and send you some positive race vibes. I will drop by again sometime next week so I can read the race Report!

Goooooood Luck! Have Fun!

21stCenturyMom said...

Big smoochin' love from the left coast, Crackhead! May speed be your constant companion on the course - the right speed, thatis. Slow, medium, fast - whatever gets you to the finish line.

KLN said...

Sending you mojo and the best wishes. Race fast and HAVE FUN!

Holly said...

Sending you LOVE, Mojo and a tailwind or two for the *three bears* .... ROCK THAT COURSE!