Sunday, May 18, 2008

Another Great Ride and Brick Run Today

I drove to Matt's to ride with him today. Originally, I had thought I'd be there by 8AM, but it was pretty chilly this morning, so I called him and said we'd be riding by 9. No worries there!

I had not seen Matt's new Bianchi, and he hadn't seen LGL live, so there was a meeting and greeting of the two Italian bikes!

I made up a new rule--when I'm riding LGL, I will only ride with someone else who has an Italian bike :) Just kidding. I will ride with anyone who is not a loser.

I just did not want to wear tights today, which meant that I was chilly on my legs much of the day.

Today, we set a new world record in the time it took before we were talking about food: 22 seconds! As we headed out, the winds were a blowing, just as badly as yesterday, but neither of us cared much about the wind--the point was just to ride and not slack too much into the wind.

I have ridden in that area before, but I told Matt that I did not want to be on any roads with dogs. We have been chased by some mean ass dogs in the past.

After about 1 hour, I really needed to piss. So did Matt. But we had to find something other than wide open side of the road to do it, even though neither of us is shy. So we turned onto a side road, and I took a picture of Matt finishing up:












and then he took one of me WHILE I WAS PEEING:









aerodynamic peeing

Nice, huh? Then I figured I should take an actual picture of the spot we had chosen:









Next, I spotted an out building the color of Matt's bike, and suggested we should take a pic of his bike in front of it:









Somewhere before this we encountered Son of Cujo the dog, who took chase, and I screamed at Matt to get him under control. Obviously, no time for pics, and I was scared shitless, but was surprised at the amount of power I could put out in trying to outrun the dog. I was breathing pretty heavily long after that.

And then we both needed water, and headed to a Walgreen's, and we got water and Cherry Coke:









While Matt was inside, I fondled his bike :) LGL would definitely have sex with it!

Then we headed down Scary Road, so named because there were all these houses set way far from the road with lots of trees near the road, and we both knew that dogs could come running out from anywhere. And one did--a Newfoundland. He actually didn't seem that scary, and I didn't expect him to bite, but still, you never know. That dog sprint really hurt. And then we both cranked away just to get the hell off Scary Road before any more dogs could come at us!

We came upon a nice horse farm, and we both observed some rather pendulous schlongs:









Finally, as we closed in on Matt's house, I had to pee one more time, and this time I noticed some heavy duty construction machinery just off to the side and thought that would be a good place to take a whizz. Well, thanks, Matt--he had to take a shot of me about to drop trou and then several (I've included only 1 here) of me pissing. Nice!















not so aerodynamic peeing

Getting closer to Matt's house, we saw a peloton of geese and goslings crossing the road we were on, and we both thought they were so cute, and so waited until they all got into the pond:









There are about 40 goslings in that photo! Obviously, it was many families combined.

Finally, we got back, and I needed to run, and I did. I actually felt pretty good running, since it was completely flat. I ended up using my butt crack bottle holder method, so I made Matt take a pic of me with it, and also just to prove that I did, indeed, run:














After I showered, Matt made an awesome salad and homemade pizza and we chowed down, and then we sat around drinking and talking.

In case you are wondering, we rode for 3:28, and my IF was .789, so close to tempo pace again! I was pretty pleased with how well I was able to ride today considering what I did yesterday, and running wasn't so bad either! One thing I know for sure is all that food last night was key.

Perfect end to a perfect day! I hope to ride with Matt in 2 weeks, once Triple T is out of the way.

Oh yeah--I'm ready for that bad boy now. Later or early tomorrow I'll post up my training totals. Another great week, and I feel strong and ready to race!

4 comments:

mattitrade1971 said...

Awesome ride Sheila - You have some motor!!

You didn't mention 'wobble man' on the black Cervelo?? I have never closed riding 12.9mph as fast as we did :-)

Cindy Jo said...

I love the butt holder method - always good for a short run or in a pinch.

I miss training with you! It sucks we don't live closer to each other.

p.s. you look great, and I really like your hair!

TriDaddy said...

You like like you've got a tight aero position in that first pee pic, but it seems to have fallen apart in the last one.

Crackhead said...

Good catch, tarheeltri.

Yeah, I guess that since I've been riding just the road bike I miss the aero position, so I have to practice it sometimes, ya know?

But, you are correct--my form totally fell apart in the late stages of the ride. I must've been tired :)