Thursday, May 22, 2008

Over and Out

I'm almost completely packed for Triple T, and soon it will be time to see if it all fits in my car! Packing for this is like packing for a full week vacation, except that you also need all your triathlon gear! Once I put everything in my car, my house will be as clean as it gets.

I probably won't have Internet access this weekend, and I wouldn't have much time to post even if I did, so you'll need to live without me until Tuesday :(. But trust that there will be a ton of pics, and when I get around to it, a HUGE race report.

Weather looks absolutely gorgeous for us:
Thursday
Partly Cloudy
70° F | 45° F
21° C | 7° C

Friday
Partly Cloudy
70° F | 43° F
21° C | 6° C

Saturday
Partly Cloudy
74° F | 54° F
23° C | 12° C

Sunday
Clear
79° F | 61° F
26° C | 16° C

Monday
Partly Cloudy
85° F | 63° F
29° C | 17° C

There will be true suffering on Sunday for some people; for me--well, I've done all this in training and then some, and this is my big celebration of finally getting away from home for the first time since NothingMan last September. There are 3 Canadian boys staying with me in the Tiki Hut, and we have a hot tub, so do the math! Gordo Byrn and Joe Bonness are racing, so when I'm back I'll be able to name drop like a fool!

I am approaching the closing of my Dad's estate, and I think he would be proud of me for getting it done quickly and efficiently, while still managing to be the Crackhead that I am. I know I'll be thinking about him and Mom many times this weekend, and if I shed any tears, they will be tears of joy for the wonderful gifts I have received from them--my intelligence, strength, drive and ambition, my constant quest for joy in my life, compassion, deep thinking, and the ability to help others find their way in this existence. This will be the first time I'm racing as an orphan, but I won't ever be alone since I'll have Mom and Dad's memory and the love of good friends with me this weekend.

Do I care how I place this weekend? Yes and no. Of course I care--I'm no slacker. But I can tell you this--I think I'll be sporting the biggest smile of any competitor. I'm just so grateful for my health and the means to do this.

This weekend is all about the Crackhead motto:
--Harder, longer, faster, tougher--REPEAT

Although I should add something to it:
--Harder, longer, faster, tougher, make it FUN and be GRATEFUL--REPEAT

Hope your weekend is great!

2 comments:

Born To Endure said...

Kick ass like you know you CAN GIRL!!!!!!!!!

Cyber Stalker said...

Just found your blog and love it. Good luck this weekend I will be there with my daughter who is racing on team overmedicated. With your attitude you will allways be a winner!