Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Stuff I'm Thankful For

US Thanksgiving is tomorrow, and it's common to sit down and think about what we are thankful for. Below is my short list!

General:
  • Life situations and people that keep presenting me with valuable lessons that I try to learn from
  • All my brothers and sisters and my mom and dad are alive and (relatively) healthy
  • Family, friends and acquaintances that accept me as is, which is an ever-changing proposition, and their unconditional love
  • Friends and family that challenge my way of thinking and being
  • Excellent health and fitness
  • The ability to still marvel at nature—I saw (after I first heard them) a large flock of migrating sandhill cranes 2 days ago, and yesterday a rough-legged hawk landed in a tree in my back yard.
  • My tenacity and desire for continuous learning that was the example set for me as a small child
  • A growing ability to be content; yet not complacent
  • Humor
  • Humility
  • Pink things
  • Leather things
  • Double entendres
  • Champagne
  • A really good steak
  • Sushi
  • Mountain Dew Code Red
  • The unbelievable variety of food we have access to
  • Biodiversity
  • Great sex
  • My life to this point

    Sports:
  • A job that enables me to live the Ironman lifestyle on my terms
  • My gym is only .5 miles from home!
  • I can find open lap lanes at my pool many hours of the day
  • Safe, wide roads to run on and plenty of challenging hills close to home
  • A kick-ass 9.5 mile trail to run on that’s a short drive from home
  • A rather large lake to swim in with beautiful views of a vibrant city
  • A convenient, safe loop of road close to home where I can do my bike intervals in season
  • An Ironman course only 2.5 hours from home that provides outstanding training opportunities
  • All the fun and outrageous training and racing I’ve done to date
  • An awesome triathlon coach who helps me push myself further than I ever dreamed possible
  • 2 knees that still work (my dad’s had both replaced)

No comments: