Saturday, November 26, 2005

Today's Workouts

7:10AM Swim 2800, Force(2)(b) workout (from Swim Workouts in a Box). Lots of pulling! For the main set pulls, I used paddles and band around my ankles. A little masochism to perk up my day!

After this swim, man were my arms pumped up, like I had lifted weights for an hour. I could tell, because as I walked towards the fans in the cardio room before my run, the trainer at the desk said "you have a lot of muscle, no wonder you want the fans on." He he....I am bulking up! My masseusse, Mike, also said yesterday, that he could tell I was bulking up. I told him wait until he sees (feels?) me in February. I will be pretty ripped. He asked me if that's what I was going for, and I said no, all I need to do is clean up my diet a little bit. I am hitting the weights pretty hard, and I can tell it's toughening me up. I may be fatigued during my cardio workouts, but I can still push myself hard enough to do whatever it is I need to do.

8:27AM Run 1:00. Ran on treadmill. This was an easy to steady run. I felt sort of sluggish, like the 5K race, the 1/2 IM last week and the hard brick workout yesterday were getting to me. But I forged onward and got it done.

I stretched about 10' afterwards, and then headed home after a shower. I had all these plans to rake leaves and stuff outdoors (it IS a nice enough day), but the fatigue really hit me all at once once I got home. I basically haven't done much of anything except lay around, tool around on the Internet, read and watch some TV. Oh, I finally managed to wash the dishes. This is the feeling of "I am overtrained." I sort of figured if I tried to do yard work today that it would just put me over the edge, and I REALLY need that long run tomorrow, so I'll just coast the rest of the day. Good thing for me to do once in awhile anyway, just coast. It should be nice enough to get out in the yard tomorrow, so after I run, I'll rest a little and give it a shot. I HAVE to get the leaves raked up and the roses covered. Everything else is optional.

I didn't have any particular "awareness" thoughts today. I'm sort of on cruise control in that area right now, but I do have this deep conviction that I am on this path, and will remain on it forever. I've been more or less a recluse for 2 months now, except for my trip to Vegas, and I'm OK with that. I will hook up with some peeps in Disney World in 6 weeks anyway. Or at least I think I will. It really doesn't matter to me. I'm going there to run. But we get the run of Pleasure Island after the marathon, which should be pretty cool! I haven't been there since the infamous 1996 PeopleSoft conference, where there was SO much fun to be had!

I'm sure after a good night's sleep I'll be plenty recovered to hit my run tomorrow. As long as I stay off my feet for the rest of the day, which is not looking like a problem at all at this point!

No comments: