Friday, November 25, 2005

Today's Workout

10:58AM Brick-O-Rama! 2 hours on the trainer, including some 1/2 Ironman watt intervals, followed by a 30' run. I didn't feel like negotiating 20 degree temperatures outdoors today, so I ran on the treadmill at the Y. It appeared that my heart rate did not want to go into its usual range when I was going harder on the bike. I had to work a harder gear to get things rollling to achieve the desired watts. Aha! Maybe I was tired from yesterday's festivities! Remember how yesterday I was very surprised at how not tired I felt, well I guess that little workout yesterday did a number on me! But nothing too bad.

I got a kick out of the run, since I wore some low-rider DeSoto bike shorts, that I wore while I was on the bike. They really show off my abs, and when I walked into the cardio room at the Y, I got quite a few stares. More like stares of disgust from some women, and stares of approval from the men. As long as I think I look good enough to wear stuff like those shorts and thongs while on the beach, I'm going to keep it up! I may be 49, but I'm in phenomenal shape, so I am going to enjoy it!

No comments: