Thursday, November 10, 2005

Today's Workouts

All right--we are back on track after yesterday's debacle.

9:00AM Lift 39' Still on 1 set, 12 reps. I keep thinking how do I want to change weight/sets/reps in the coming weeks....it's getting to be time to change things, but I guess I shouldn't change anything next week, since I'm doing a 1/2 Ironman next week. Perhaps the week after, but then again, I will be recovering, so I guess I need to wait a bit before making a big change! This seems about right, since if I follow my original periodization scheme, that was when I would begin the "official" program. I think maybe I'll just skip the full 2x20 and 3x20 weeks and stay on 2x20 or else even skip those and just go from 2x12 to the power/endurance phase. The lifting makes me tired, even as the extra abs/core work seems to be doing wonders for everything!

1:41PM Same bike workout as Tuesday: WU: 15' warmup, 3 x SpinUps. Then 3 x 2' (1') Zone 3 MS: FT repeats: 3x15' (2'). In aero bars, normal TT cadence. CD: 4' Easy. FUCKING OUCH!!! These are SO HARD. My coach says that's because I'm doing them on the trainer, and my HR is higher than it would be outdoors. There's some truth to that, but also I think that I am actually hitting higher average watts than I was when doing these outdoors. So maybe that means my "outdoor" watts will be higher than they were last year??? Wouldn't that be fucking great?

My headache went away after taking (2) 8-hour Tylenol and drinking a can of Code Red to go along with it. At least I was feeling no pain during the bike workout. I mean, come on, I had my LEGS to worry about, not my head.

So I drink the Endurox R4, listen to voice mail and instead of showering right up afterwards, I have to jump on a conference call for work. It was useless for me to attend it, as it was all technical mumbo-jumbo, but it was a "show of force." Our technical guy is great--the problem is the customer may not be that good with their own environment. Oh well, I sat there, waiting to shower and all (I managed to wash my face while on the call). I also managed to get my LUNCH down. And then my stomach began to hurt again. I guess I have to stay away from the Sylvia's sauce and anything spicy for awhile. My poor little GI tract just isn't handling things well! Not like me--what the fuck, where's my iron stomach?

Well, I will be all over the Pepto-Bismol tonight BEFORE it's bedtime, so I can obliterate whatever the hell is going on with my stomach.

The training goes well, I'm on track, I'm sleeping and my mind is in the right place. Onward with
THE DARK SIDE: FUCKING HARDCORE AGGRO TRAINING

No comments: