Thursday, June 21, 2007

Gag Reflex

I keep wondering if I am unique in that I experience this quite often while in heavy training:
  • When brushing my teeth, even before the brush hits my mouth, and then while I'm actually brushing my teeth
  • When entering a porta-potty and then while in it. This one seems normal to me, although I doubt if everyone else actually gags and chokes.
  • Sometimes when I'm about to begin a long run. Not sure why!
  • When I'm about to drink and then while drinking and for about :15 after, Ultrafuel

What's up with this? Am I just weird? I'm almost embarrassed to admit to this, but on the other hand, it makes me laugh. I sort of understand the toothbrush and Ultrafuel things, and believe that it's my body's way of letting me know how sick it is of me stuffing all the sugary things down my throat. But still...

4 comments:

Cindy Jo said...

No, you're just weird.

So how would the free blow jobs at Triple T have worked then???

Crackhead said...

Um...I didn't want to get into THAT, but that is one gag reflex that I do NOT have :)

effendi said...

Hmm... on a oddly related note, I never feel like I've brushed my teeth well enough until I've shover the toothbrush far enough back in my mouth to gag on it. How's that for odd?

Crackhead said...

Bunch of weirdos, we are!

Jay might want to check his sexual orientation...