Wednesday, June 20, 2007

My First "Moment" of this Training Cycle







I'm having a good cry right now. It was triggered by thinking of a friend, Brett, who is doing his first Ironman this Sunday at Coeur d'Alene. I realized he might be leaving this very minute, so I left him a message on his cell phone, and then headed to his blog to leave some last minute advice, AND I sent him an email. Apparently, I have a lot to say to this young man!

I'm not sad--I'm very happy for Brett, and in thinking about first Ironmans and the many I've done, I suppose I am realizing how blessed I am to be healthy enough to do all this training and have all this prosperity in my life to be able to travel to races and events, and to well, just plain enjoy life. So these are tears of happiness and joy and awe and gratitude, and it's almost the summer solstice and the days are very long, very beautiful, and life is just bursting all around me.

Some of you may think the crying is a sign of overtraining, but it's not. I am literally enjoying myself SO much this year, not just in my "triathlon" life, but in the rest of my life, and I am amazed at all the universe has laid in front of me. I have so much, but I also see my infinite potential. Sometimes this gives me the feeling of being totally out of control, which I suppose is good, because (as you may have guessed), I am a person who likes to be very much in control. Yet I love the yin-yang of feeling in and out of control.

Today is a very long day, and I want to get started on it. See, I've "suited up." The shades are my new Catlike shades that I got with the Catlike helmet (which makes an appearance on Friday). It's bound to be a great one!

Namaste!
Edit: And then I swam 4,800 yards in an outdoor pool. Above is the "before" shot. I don't have an after, but I did do a pretty good job of softening some of the tan lines.

2 comments:

effendi said...

Hmm.. well, as long as you're happy. For me, crying is a sign of over-training, but then so is eating a bunch of crap food.

Brett said...

Thanks for shedding tear! I really appreciate all of the advice. I was able to slog through it and not quit because of you, so thanks for that!

Brett