Thursday, December 01, 2005

Workout Abbreviations

I guess there must be a lot of self-coached peeps out there who haven't seen all the abbreviations that I fly around here. So I'll try and define those that I remember off the top of my head.

WU=warm-up
CD=cool down
RI=Rest Interval
'=minutes
"=seconds
FT=Functional Threshold. This is an approximation to your CP60 watts. If you don't know what CP60 watts are but you want to know, head to http://cyclingpeakssoftware.com and read all about power and stuff. If you don't have a power meter on your bike you probably don't care about this. Watts are a more reliable way of measuring your effort on the bike than heart rate. I won't go into a discussion about training with power (which is what I do). You can read about it at the above website or my coach's website, http://cruciblefitness.com.
HIM=1/2 Ironman
IM=Ironman
wtf=what the fuck :) <==had to throw that in, I'm a wiseguy, after all
Running "zones" I use: Easy=low end of aerobic zone. Steady=middle range of aerobic zone. Upper Steady=upper end of aerobic zone. Mod-Hard is like tempo (just below 10K pace). Hard is, well, HARD.
MS=Main Set. Used to signify the beginning of the "work" part of a workout.
TT=Time Trial

If I post any other ones as part of a workout I did, I'll be sure and explain them!

No comments: