Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The 2007 Spending Binge





















It all started with the simple statement, "I'd like to put a better gruppo on my road bike." It escalated to this:

  1. New road bike plus accessories
  2. New tri bike shoes and cleats (I did need these anyway)
  3. 3 new helmets (1 for Bitchie; 1 for LGL; 1 that is just cool for either)
  4. Finally, a digital camera, which you may question as being triathlon related, but if I didn't have this fuckin' triathlon blog, I wouldn't need to take so many fuckin' pictures, now would I?
  5. ...and a subscription to Flickr to go with it.
  6. Deposit for 2008 Tour of California
  7. Entry for 2008 Ironman Lake Placid. Yeah you are all laughing when weeks ago I said I probably wouldn't do an Ironman in 2008, ha ha, I'm thinking about doing Wisconsin, too. THERE YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST! And this time, I got my occupation correct on the IMLP registration form--Crackhead.
  8. Conversion to customized Infinit mix
  9. Deposit for 2008 Triple T accommodations
  10. Carbon compact crank/Ergomo for Bitchie
  11. Park bike stand (still unassembled)
  12. I don't even want to talk about the running shoes...
  13. 3 cycling kits, all featuring my Pimp's gang colors
  14. Oh and all the Iroman Lake Placid crap I just had to have
  15. Too much crap to list from Target--some necessary; some not
  16. Bunch o' Crackhead stuff
  17. Even smaller bike and run shorts since I seem to be shrinking
  18. Waaaaaaaay too many Splish swimsuits


I still need to spend money on:

  1. New wetsuit. My Orca has a large gash from IMLP--not sure if it's from the swim itself or the stripper or what. My Desoto T1 is now my backup suit. No, I'm not going to use the Slowtwitch thread to make my decision...I'm sure I know "someone" who can get me a "discount" on a wetsuit.
  2. New Barbie. It's been awhile... Triathlon related? Sure...see the Tiki Hut...
  3. More running shoes...grrrrrrr......
  4. A tripod. You do want better nekked pics, don't you???


This is all in addition to my regular triathlon expenditures of:

  1. Tons o' food. I eat a lot.
  2. Endurox R4. Until I find something that works better or is more conveniently integrated into my schedule, I'm sticking with it.
  3. Stuff for friends. They are good to me; I try and be good in return.
  4. Hotels.
  5. Race fees
  6. Gasoline!!!! I've been noticing the extra dent this has been putting in my checking account.


What do I get for all that money? See below. There is way too much fun that you can't see in the numbers! But I think I need another job...

Season Totals 09/18/2006-08/12/2007
Swim: 410289 yards (232.85 miles) in 143.6 hours
Bike: Approx. 4921.98 miles in 283.42 hours--HOLY CRAP WILL TOP 5,000 MILES THIS WEEK!
Run:
Approx. 1272.12 miles in 197.95 hours
Strength: 61.05 hours
All Sports: Approx. 6426.95 miles in 686.02 hours; approx. 292234 calories burned
Stretching: 107.86 hours. Massage: 64.67 hours

Season WeeklyAverages 09/18/2006-08/12/2007
Swim: 8730 yards (4.95 miles) in 3.06 hours
Bike: Approx. 104.72 miles in 6.03 hours
Run: Approx. 27.07 miles in 4.21 hours
Strength: 1.3 hours
All Sports: Approx. 136.74 miles in 14.6 hours
Sleep: 8.12 hours avg./night
Stretching: 2.29 hours avg./week. Massage: 1.38 hours avg./week

2 comments:

Andy said...

I have not yet gotten all the stuff you have purchased yet this year, yet my bank account always seems to be anaemic due to triathlon events and gear.

I was looking at your stats and you are really packing on the bike miles!!!

Murtha...

Born To Endure said...

A new Barbie? A new Barbie..who do you think you are???