Friday, August 10, 2007

Getting Psyched for Dairyland Dare

I've arrived in Dodgeville for the Dairyland Dare 300K ride that takes place tomorrow. I've already begun compiling pics here.

Weather forecast calls for a high of 85 with light winds, day beginning with high humidity tapering off. PERFECT!!!

The crap I rode in last Sunday was worse, although there really weren't hills involved--just WIND!

I met a woman who's attempting the 300K as well. I don't think she has any idea of what she's in for. Furthest she's ridden is 100 miles, but hey, if she gets it done, great! I know one thing--I won't be riding with her for very long, unless I see she's a player. But it's nice to know there are other women attempting this.

Now I need to do some calculations to determine which rest stops I want my extra bottles dropped off at. They will be HOT no matter what--I'm not sure why I chilled them--but maybe, just maybe, they will put them into a cooler??? I'll ask anyway.

I'm picking up my crap in about 1/2 hour and then heading to Pizza Hut for dinner. I ate a bunch of pizza before Horribly Hilly, so I'm going to stick with what works. I will stuff myself, and then I'll be in the whirlpool...

No comments: