Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Time Draws Near


I was hoping to "sleep in" until 4:15AM today, but got out of bed at 3:15, so I've got a bit of time on my hands. No worries--this will give me more time to process the calories I'm dumping in before I ride today.

Weather forecast looks relatively good if it's correct. No matter how you slice it, it's going to be fucking hot riding all day. YEAH!!!

I am at least starting the ride, and then depending on how it goes, hanging with, Dino, a guy I met at Ironman Brazil last year. He listed "Bikini Model" as his occupation on registration, and I had listed "Butt Model." So we refer to each other by those names. Dino's bib at Brazil got messed up, and instead of printing his real name, it said "Bikini Model." Dino's a good sport, so he just went with it. I'm not sure how many Ironman races Dino has done--maybe as many as me? Anyway, he's a great guy, part of the Headhunters triathlon club in Wisconsin. Last fall when I was volunteering for IMWI, I stayed at Dino's house, and he gave me honorary Headhunter status. I have a sticker on my car, a hat and some awesome water bottles. I think next I need to score the cycling kit, because it would look totally awesome on either LGL or Bitchie.

You can see what I did to the wrist band that I'll be wearing today. I'll be gazing at it once I'm 133 miles in, as that will be the start of my longest single ride ever. I'll be looking at it the second time I'm climbing Shop Hill, which is the meanest, baddest mother fucker of a hill I've ever been on.

Time for my Gag Juice and then I need to suit up!

2 comments:

effendi said...

Very cool - I wish I could find some of those to order.

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

I logged 120 miles on the bike yesterday and could have used that wristband. It was 106 degrees on the pavement. Ugh!

Stay tuned..