Thursday, August 09, 2007

Real Life Sucks

I think I've said this before...once I get wrapped up in all the heavy training, the racing and the hoopla, returning to some semblance of "normalcy" bites the big one. Add to that a little extra work stress and you get...FUCKING MESSED UP!!!

However, the cure is in sight--LGL is all cleaned up and pretty (even her crotches, I must say), and ready for her next big adventure--the Dairyland Dare. She and I are going to attempt 300K on Saturday. We leave tomorrow around 1PM for Dodgeville, Wisconsin.

I was so happy to read that we can drop off "special needs" for this ride!!! Which means I don't need to try and mix 13 hours worth of Infinit into one stinking bottle. I know I can do a 6-hour bottle easily, so I'll start with that, and then drop a drug bag about halfway with enough powder for another 6 hours.

On another positive note, I ran 4 days straight this week, with 8.4 miles today, and my legs are back!!! I got a massage tonight, and my quads are no longer fucked up, which is great.

So other than the stressed out day I had today, I'm doing much better. There are still crazy things going on in my head, but I expected that and that will continue, but there's nothing like a 180-mile ride to clear one's head a bit, is there?

I can hardly describe how excited I am about this ride. As you know, I fucking LOVE riding my bikes...somehow next week I need to get Bitchie to the shop to get her sexed up a bit more, and I have a new saddle for LGL...it never seems to stop!

1 comment:

Cindy Jo said...

Have a great ride!!!! Geesh, and I bagged the 100k route! But I will drink some Fat Tire for you Sat. (and Fri. and Sun.)!