Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Try This At Home!














At 5:05AM, I lifted weights for 45 minutes--some abs/core work and upper body stuff. Then I did this swim workout beginning at 6:30:

WU: 200 swim, 200 kick, 200 pull, 200 drill
MS: 2 x [4 x 100 (10"), 1 x 400 (30") at same pace as 100's]
100 easy swim.
15 x 75 (15") as 50 Hard, 25 Easy
25 easy (just to get back to where I started)
CD: 100 easy swim

In case you can't add (I couldn't while swimming which was a good thing), it's 3,750 yards.

I was laughing so hard while swimming because, well, my muscles weren't really able to perform well, but I wasn't sore. Mostly I was just hungry! I swam in the lane with Little Mike, who is the son of Big Mike, his Dad, who coaches him. Little Mike is maybe 14? I chat with them both regularly, since both Mikes (or as I call them, Mike & Ike) are there every day, and they are very nice people. Little Mike swam 7,000 yards today, and he also wrestles, so the three of us engage in many discussions about how much we are training and eating! I could have swam in a lane all by myself, but Little Mike asked why nobody swims with him and I told him it's because he's so stinking fast!

So I finish my 3,750 yards, and Little Mike asks me if I want to kick 400 with him. Yesterday, I finished 3,100 yards, and he wanted me to kick with him so I did 100. Today I said no. Even a Crackhead needs to stop sometimes. But maybe tomorrow when I repeat the same workout without having lifted beforehand, I might just stay for a few hundred yards of kicking..

2 comments:

asanderson said...

I scolled down and you have one amazing body!!!! I am going to have to look at your routine! WOW! Where do you live?

Crackhead said...

Hey, thanks :)

I live in flatland IL. There's a link on my sidebar in My Internets Content to my abs/core routine.

Welcome aboard the Crackhead blog!