Sunday, May 04, 2008

Weekly Workout Totals 04/28/2008-05/04/2008

WARNING!!! Not for the faint of heart. While I have completed training weeks like this in the past, they always seem news to me. I think because I'm able to execute them better and better, and I'm having even more fun doing them than in years past.

Sometimes even I can't believe what I've done, and this week was no exception. There are a bunch of things that stand out, although not all are apparent in the numbers:
  1. It doesn't matter whether I sleep or not. I'm not even pounding the caffeine yet. My body is just so used to performing under any conditions that it seems to go on autopilot.
  2. Loss of a few pounds has been a godsend in terms of recovering well from intense stuff and getting (at least trying to) adequate nutrition. I can't imagine weighing more and the extra calories that would require, although things balance out--the lighter you get, the harder you're able to work. I like that.
  3. My swimming is finally starting to come around. For sure I've got endurance; but speed (my version of it, anyway) is also returning.
  4. Check out that TSS total! That is WAY FUCKING COOL. It means not just that I biked a lot, but that I BIKED A LOT HARD!
  5. My regular commitment to stretching must be beneficial, as I'm not getting as much massage as I used to (although I'm starting to want it more now that I'm really hitting it hard), but I'm basically feeling muscularly sound.
  6. I have returned to, maybe even surpassed, my "normal" amount of happiness!!!!!!! All is good with the world for me--it's hard to write down how joyful I feel and how full of life. Perhaps my training is the highest expression of that, but I am just loving everything that is good.
  7. I like numbered lists.
  8. I also like bulleted lists, but sometimes I like the numbers even better.
  9. I like to count things.
  10. I enjoy being timed.
  11. Meters and kilometers are not very funny.
  12. My vacuum cleaner really sucks.
Please note that I have provided Canadian translations of my workout information, and will continue to do so weekly.

Weekly Workout Totals 04/28/2008-05/04/2008
Swim: 11000 yards (6.24 miles) in 3.78 hours; 18% of weekly workout time; approx. 1325 calories burned
Canadian: 10058.4 meters
Bike: Approx. 191.63 miles in 10.95 hours; 53% of weekly workout time; approx. 5968 calories burned; Total TSS=715
Canadian: 308.4 kilometers
Run: Approx. 27.56 miles in 4.22 hours; 20% of weekly workout time; approx. 1903 calories burned
Canadian: 44.35 kilometers
Strength: 1.65 hours; 8% of weekly workout time; approx. 413 calories burned
Canadian: same thing unless time is different?
All Sports: Approx. 225.43 miles in 20.6 hours; approx. 9609 calories burned
Canadian: 362.79 kilometers
Sleep: 6.86 hours avg./night
Canadian: I dunno--slept with some bears?
Stretching: 1.97 hours. Massage: 1.5 hours

4 comments:

Born To Endure said...

Canadian measurements?? Ummm..I thought metric was world wide...i'm just sayin...:-))

Crackhead said...

No, you are mistaking Canadian/metric for something else :)

If the US ain't doin' it, it ain't right, right?

Nah, metric is cool...I just can't get used to it. I like my inches (9, thank you) and feet (6'4" and taller). That would describe The Scenery perfectly!

Oly said...

Where in the hell is Canadia? And how many inches do Canadian bears have?

Nice weekly totals btw. Badass!

Cindy Jo said...

I like inches too! Way bigger than centimeters, eh?

The sleep conversion for Canadia is the same, just add:

6.86 hours per night, under the protective guard of the United States