Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Today's Single Workout

6:00AM Run 60' as WU: 15' easy, 15' steady. MS: 20' mod-hard. CD: 10' steady.

I did this workout in lovely downtown Minneapolis (from where I just returned, thankfully, safe and sound!), in a hotel "spa/workout center." I got stiffed $10 to use this facility, and frankly, I was not impressed. The treadmills were at least 10 years old, there were no fans in the cardio room, and it was just plain ugly! I feel fortunate that I have a Y so close to home that at least keeps the equipment up to date and in good repair.

I don't normally run first thing in the morning, so of course I had to deal with a few minor stomach issues, but nothing major. The effort didn't feel too hard at all during the tempo work; in fact, I could probably up my speed for this now. See what 2 tempo sessions a week can do for you! This is the first time I've ever done that, and with smart training and recovery, it's paying off big time.

Need to close this post and start a new one at the request of a friend on behalf of a friend. Let's hope I can keep the fingers moving!

No comments: