Friday, December 16, 2005

Today's Workouts

A pretty routine day, nothing special happening. Got 8 hours of sleep.

7:21AM Swim 2950 yards 1:05. The pool was cool again, and it felt great. I had a lane all to myself during my warmup, and the pool was pretty empty, so for once I was swimming down the middle of the lane. Then, just as I was going to start my main set, a man showed up and I saw him standing at the head of my lane. I looked left--empty lane. I looked right--empty lane. Huh. For some reason he wants to swim in my lane. Whatever. I know this guy--he's ULTRA slow, so I knew he wouldn't bother me, but it was still curious why he chose to swim in my lane. After I finished my main set of 8x150, I moved into one of the adjacent empty lanes to finish up with 3x200 pull and 10x25.

3:33PM Run 60'. This was supposed to be 10' easy, remainder steady to upper steady. I took things rather easy, and it was nice.

All in all, I don't feel very tired from this at all, but I have a big weekend of workouts--tomorrow is the usual 2 hour ride/30' run brick, and Sunday is my 2 hour run/30' recovery swim. So I'm making sure to eat well tonight.

I'm anticipating next week as beginning of a taper for Goofy Challenge, and I am not really looking forward to it. I can feel myself getting antsy while realizing I can use some serious rest, and throw in a Christmas holiday in there (yeah!). I am sure I will post about the craziness of taper--although this is nothing like an Ironman taper, it's going to be pretty close, as I've been doing some fairly serious volume for the past few months. Oh well, time to start a weekend!

1 comment:

Brett said...

Maybe the slow guy likes you. :) Have some great workouts this weekend!