Sunday, October 30, 2005

Today's Workout

Run 1:30 as 30' easy, 20' steady, 20' upper steady, 20' mod-hard. Did this on the treadmill. Why do I enjoy this workout more as it gets harder? Maybe just because I'm getting closer to the end of it. I don't run as fast on a treadmill as I do outdoors. I go by feel either way, but the treadmill always feels harder to me, so I run at a slower pace. No matter--I can usually punch it outdoors.

Not that I'm a fast runner--not at all--so when I talk about "punching it" it's relative to ME.

One thought I had while I was running--I remember how last year I thought I had been able to "be in the moment" during the marathon of the 2 Ironman races I did, and I remember thinking I needed to extend that to the rest of my life. Now I think I am able to do that during my training workouts--just relax and let it go. I think this is why I'm able to go faster (OK, so training helps, too) and it doesn't bother me so much. And I'm not afraid of it--I don't think I'm going to fall apart. So that's another one down--long distance race, training workout, regular life is next. I can't wait! Well, yes I can--I don't have a choice, now do I?

No comments: