Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Today's Workouts

6:53AM Swim 2800 yards, 60'. Did not push my speed on the 100's today, just swam with good form. Afterwards, I couldn't believe how tired I was. I just wanted to go back to bed. I did lay down for maybe 15', but work kept calling so that was that. My running for the rest of the week is supposed to go like this:

  • Wednesday: 60'
  • Thursday: nada
  • Friday: 30'
  • Saturday: 1:30
  • Sunday: 1 hour

but I'm going to visit a friend near Vegas (Pahrump, if you must know, home of CSI) for the weekend, so this morning I thought I'd like to not have to run on Sunday at all, since my flight leaves at 7AM, and although I'm back home around 4PM, I don't really want to have to do a workout at that point. So I thought I would change things a bit and do this instead:

  • Wednesday: 1:15
  • Thursday: nada
  • Friday: 45'
  • Saturday: 2:00
  • Sunday: nada


Well, then I got to thinking, 1:15....1:30, may as well just do 1:30 today if it feels OK. Around noon I popped a can of Code Red, and took about 20' to drink it down, and felt ready to run. Also, the temperature reached 60, so it would be great running weather. I would run from my house. The only downside is that I would go East, and the winds were WSW, so I might have some headwinds on the way home.


I took off at 12:40PM, and I tried to take things easy, figuring I would be doing at least 9 miles, maybe more like 9.5. I felt like I was floating! I wasn't concerned about my heart rate, and right off the bat I felt all in the zone, floating along, relaxed, happy to be outdoors. My first mile split was 8:38, and that turned out to be my average pace for 10 miles! My slowest mile was 9:02, and that was the one from Clarendon Hills back up to Cass Avenue, which includes the infamous Shannon Fucking Lakes and Gradeschool climbs.

I feel like I am running with different form now and that I can get into the zone pretty quickly. I feel very different running now than I did even 2 months ago. It is quite a wonderful feeling! I’m sure it’s partly due to superior fitness, but I am convinced that is has something to do with my attention to myself, my mind and trying to observe myself and let go more often. Or at least I hope so!

IT’S ALL GOOD. FUCKING GOOD. EVEN BETTER IN PINK!!!

No comments: