Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Last Night's Dream (11/01/2005)

I was on a beach of sorts. There was a ramp that you could walk on that went very far into the water, and there was a large boat going out to sea on it. I wanted to walk on the walkway, but someone told me that it was a boat launch, and so I should stay off it. I could see 2 boys swimming back towards shore very quickly--apparently the current would bring you back quite easily. So I wanted to go swim out, even though I knew it would be difficult, just so I could enjoy the ride back into shore. The water looked very inviting--sort of like Caribbean waters--crystal aqua against white sugar sand. For some reason, the people I was with didn't want to go swimming, so we decided against and walked away.

Here's what dream interpretation has to say:
Swimming
To dream that you are swimming, suggests that you are exploring aspects of your unconscious mind and emotions. The dream may be a sign that you are seeking some sort of emotional support. It is a common dream image for people going through therapy.
To dream that you are swimming underwater, suggests that you are completely submerged in your own feelings. You are forcing yourself to deal with your emotional difficulties.


Boat
To dream that you are in or see a boat, signifies you ability to cope and express your emotions. Pay particular attention to the condition and state of the waters, whether is is calm or violent, clear or murky, etc. Are you "smooth sailing"? Alternatively, you may be ready to confront your unconscious and unknown aspects of yourself.

Water
To see water in your dream, symbolizes your unconscious and your emotional state of mind. Water is the living essence of the psyche and the flow of life energy. It is also symbolic of spirituality, knowledge, healing and refreshment. To see calm, clear water in your dream, signifies that you are in tune with your spirituality. It denotes serenity, peace of mind, and rejuvenation.

I find it fascinating that the mind wants to work through and reinforce what's going on even in one's dreams. Yet I don't feel as centered as this dream might suggest. Or maybe I am and just don't know it.

No comments: